Tuesday, August 5, 2008

TMI Tuesday #146 - romance edition

We have the amazing, hilarious, and sexy Another Suburban Mom to thank for this week's TMI - again, for the 5th week in a row. You go, girl! ;)

1. What is your definition of romantic? Even in just one's own personal dictionary, romanticism is a word of endless definitions, like "love" or "sex." Right now, romantic to me means being spontaneously thoughtful of another's needs and desires. When she complained about getting lost a lot in nameless-street New England, ASM's Hubman researched GPS systems and ultimately surprised her with a Tom-Tom. Yesterday evening, when I hinted that I hadn't yet helped myself to a daily dose of orgasmic pleasure, M sent some of his finest men - his tongue, teeth, and lips - to solve my problem. And later, J called me just to say he loves me, was thinking about me, and hopes I have sweet dreams while he dreams of me. That's all romantic. :)

2. Would you consider yourself to be romantic? I think I used to be more romantic back when I was still very thoughtful and selflessly giving, before I was worn down by years of "real" life. But I think I can still turn the romanticism on pretty well. Lately I've had all tasers set to "off" though, I must admit; it's my birthday month and I've been a little selfish instead! =X

3. Is your significant other romantic? In his own way, he can be on occasion. With the exception of the content of this blog, I tell J everything and I consider it very romantic when he tells me his version of everything - especially when it's a happy, unexpected truth like "I love the way your tongue swirls on my tip" or "You look so beautiful in that dress." :)

4. Have you ever chastised a SO for not being romantic enough or too romantic? J's been a little clingy lately, which I've scolded him on, but I don't think he's ever been at either extreme. I'd say the same for all my previous significant (and insignificant) others. I've never really been swept off my feet or treated like a princess; I'm very down-to-earth and don't like accepting gifts at the giver's expense, but I do fantasize about it sometimes! =X

5. What do you consider a grand romantic gesture? Have you ever been the recipient or giver of one? I suppose when I think "grand" I think large-scale, elaborate, and premeditated - in the not-a-serial-killer kind of way. I used to do a lot of dopey things to impress boys but nothing in particular comes to mind at the moment. A kid who used to "love" me back in junior high school once changed every class to match my schedule. Hah!

6. If you have done something romantic to get laid, did it work? If not, why and how did that affect your romantic tendencies in the past? Nothing too planned or special but I get frumpy when I get no sex in a hotel room I paid for or after a long night of partying that I got all dolled up and drunk for. =P

7. What is the most romantic thing you have ever done? Had done for you? When my friends know how broke I am and choose to pay for dinner after I've paid for them so many times in the past, my heart melts in a platonic sort of way. :)

I'm sorry if these answers were a bit dry and boring; it's been another insomnia-riddled night for me and I'm finally on the verge of sleep again! I look forward to reading your TMI when I wake up!

/ser infiel.

PS: This is hard work.I'm constantly revising my posts and comments so that my diction, syntax, and formatting aren't "me." And in my excitement over getting this blog up and running, I've almost linked J here twice! Ah!

3 comments:

Honey said...

Glad you played this week. Good answers. Happy TMI!

Hubman said...

Love your answers, and your reference to my wife ;-)

Your blog has become must-read for both of us.

Are you gonna play HNT so that we can see what you (or part of you) look like?

Ser Infiel said...

Some late responses. . .now that I realize one can comment on their own blog and others (comment subscribers) may actually read what one has to say. =P

Honey - Thanks! Your answers were fun too. I look forward to next week with everyone. :)

Hubman - You and your wife are easily my favorite blogosphere couple so I'm glad you're enjoying my stuff too! :)